NEW RADIO CHANNELS - PROJECT
*** NEW INFO: THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN CANCELLED, DUE TO MANY PEOPLE AGAINST IT *** Hello, our dear Kpopway community.
As stated many times previously, our main purpose here at our radio station is to spread kpop music all over the world, building a community to share our recent or old love for kpop.
To fulfill our purpose we have reshaped many times our musical and content programs. This has caused some listeners to be unhappy, because of lost time for broadcasting their favorite artists music.
To give to all listeners what they expect, we are starting a new project, for creating new radio channels.
The basic idea for now, that can change once received your feedback, is to add one or more radio channels to Kpopway, dedicated to your favorite artists. For example, DJ Fabrizio is a big fan of Apink, so we can open a new radio channel, called “APINK PANDA RADIO”, that will work as if it were a different radio station, managed by us, DJ Danita and DJ Fabrizio, but broadcasting only music by APINK 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This can be done for your favorite artist, being FTISLAND, JANG GEUN SUK, JYJ, SS501, KIM HYUN JOONG, CNBLUE or any one you like. Let’s call them “ARTIST” for this example.
The new channel, can broadcast all of this:
- Varied music by ARTIST as group, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Programs with songs by individual singers of the group, if any
- Special program with music of dramas, where they have acted
- Weekly/Monthly ARTIST Top Ten
- ARTIST weekly news program
- Artist bio/career program, so new fans can learn about ARTIST (like our old ON STAGE programs, with information and music about the artist)
- Space for ARTIST fan clubs broadcast (if fan clubs want to send audios to share to the world, they can use these spaces; they even can prepare a special weekly or monthly program)
- Radio station channel will have also a dedicated chat room, so any fans listening can join to share about ARTIST
- Radio station channel can have also their own dedicated apps. So maybe you like only ARTIST music but no other kpop music; you can use the dedicated app, for Android or Iphone
- And many more ideas, that our listeners can share with us.
To maintain our main radio channel is expensive, and we, DJ Danita & DJ Fabrizio, pay all the related expenses with our own money. And this is very difficult sometimes. That is why our campaign for receiving donations to keep Kpopway alive is active always here. But opening an additional radio channel have also its own additional cost. So this project, if it is finally carried out, will need to be 100% funded by fans.
The final cost of any new channel, depends on many factors like:
- Radio streaming provider. We currently use Wavestreaming, as it is one of the best and reliable radio streaming provider. But for this project we can think of using an alternative provider to reduce costs.
- Peak listeners number. Maximum number of listeners that can be listening any given time. This is something like how many seats are available. Radio streaming providers base their plans on this value, many times.
- Monthly bandwidth. This is data transfer, so the more listeners, the more data transferred. This is also a factor that influence plans costs by radio streaming providers.
- Cloud storage for music. This is like a disk space for storing music, but in a cloud server. We work always like this, so we don’t need to leave turned ON our computer to broadcast music. Music is broadcasted always from a remote and safe server. Here we also store our playlists, our music categories and parameters for radio programming. So the more space we need, the more cost we need to pay to radio streaming providers.
- Music purchase. Every once in a while we will need to purchase new music by your artists, so this is important to consider also.
- Royalties. We can’t skip this cost also.
- Additional services. Web chat and dedicated mobile apps. This is optional.
- Assistant DJ. As we will need more time to manage new radio channels, we will need to pay a wage to an assistant DJ, so he/she can help us manage radio programming, requests, ad all related tasks.
We have thought about a free radio channel for your favorite artist, so anyone can join to listen anytime, and use additional services. But, as this may have a monthly cost for us, this should be covered by monthly or periodic donations made by fans.
This project is just starting as an idea, so we need your feedback to give shape to this and prepare something more tangible. Give us your comments below please or using your favorite social media. Thanks!
*** ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ADDED AS OF APRIL 6, 2017:
Currently, to make one additional channel, with the same quality, requests system, chat and listeners statistics, it may cost around $240 US Dollars per month.
*** NEW INFO: THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN CANCELLED, DUE TO MANY PEOPLE AGAINST IT ***